Aviation Events Calendar
Spotlighting Safety and Pilot Proficiency
A very nice Aviation Event Calendar!
You may visit FAASAFETY.GOV for more info & to register for many of the following events that feature FAA WINGS credit. Others listings have their information and contact data described. This calendar will usually list a much larger panorama of aviation events than FAASAFETY.GOV allows for. You are invited to submit your event for publication within our Aviation Events Calendar to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now also featured herein are EAA Webinars. These live multimedia presentations are informative and interactive, allowing the presenter to use slides and audio, while audience members can ask questions and be polled for their opinion. - System Requirements for Attendees - You can easily attend a session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device! To get the most out of GoToWebinar, you can download and install the full-feature desktop software on your Windows and Mac computer. - See Download GoToWebinar for your download options. You can also check your system's compatibility automatically. Some EAA Webinars qualify for credit in the FAA's WINGS or AMT awards program. Visit www.faasafety.gov for details. The Listings Here for EAA Webinars are dedicated to the memory of Tom Hastings, long time EAA member/builder, whose Cirrus VK-30 was featured in the movie 16R. He was an ardent supporter of EAA Young Eagles. A tragic flight accident claimed his life; as well as his daughter's, her husband and their child's.
Due to the health circumstances that currently exist, it might be a good idea to confirm that the events you have planned to attend are still ongoing. Events scheduled for SoCal Pilots have been postponed, as has the entire schedule for the Camarillo 99's. EBACE has been cancelled, and all NBAA event through July 1 have been cancelled. Sun 'N Fun has been postponed and rescheduled for May 5-10. BAA POC Pilot meeting scheduled for 4/02 has been cancelled. At this time, the Mend Aviation seminars have been cancelled as well.
3/18/20 Just announced: It has been recommended that no face-to-face FAASTeam event be held until further notice. Webinars have been suggested.
-BREAKING NEWS - SUN'N FUN POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT YEAR - VIEW MESSAGE HERE
The next two days will focus on maintenance and operations. On Oct. 28, mechanics will receive programming designed by experts from Schweizer, Bell, Airbus, and Robinson helicopter companies. - On Oct. 29, programming for pilots will include topics regarding human factors, helicopter safety ratings, accident prevention and investigations. - The conference is directed at rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, operators, small company owners, government regulators and industry executives from the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia and many other locations. The event will offer Inspection Authorization and FAA AMT and WINGS credits. - For conference registration and further details, visit www.faahelisafety.org"
28. THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY AVIATION COMMISSION - Web Meeting 7 p.m. - Notice to Meeting Attendees: Any individual who wishes to address the Commission on the items list below, may do so via WebEx application.
II. MATTERS FOR CONSIDERATION AND ACTION BY THE COMMISSION A. Approval of the February 26, 2020, Minutes B. American Airports – Project Manager’s Report - C. County – Aviation Division Report
III. PUBLIC COMMENT - OPEN FORUM
REQUESTS TO ADDRESS THE COMMISSION ON AN AGENDA ITEM. For any individual who would like to provide public comment, you must join the WebEx virtual meeting through your computer or smartphone. For those calling into the meeting via telephone, you will not be able to provide live public comment.
An individual requesting to address the Commission will be allowed a total of three (3) minutes per meeting unless the time is adjusted by the Chair as deemed appropriate given the nature of the matter. A member of the audience may address the Commission on one Agenda item per meeting.
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION. Members of the public shall give their names for the purpose of the record. The Chair may, in the interest of facilitating the business of the Commission, limit or expand the amount of time which a person may use in addressing the Commission.
For More Info & how to attend:
County of Los Angeles - Department of Public Works – Aviation Division 900 South Fremont Avenue - Alhambra, CA 91803-1331 -(626) 300-4602 FAX (626) 300-4620 - http://pw.lacounty.gov/avi/airports/AviationCommission
29. AIAA LA-LV Section e-Happy Hour ! - Featuring Science, Sci-Fi and Media with Mr. André Bormanis - Networking with aerospace & media professionals, students and educators, young and experienced ! "Mr. Bormanis is a writer, consultant, and television producer, currently serving as a writer and co-executive producer of the Fox / Hulu television series, The Orville. He was also a writer and consulting producer on the latest season of the Fox / National Geographic television series Cosmos, based on the award-wining PBS series created by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan. In 2016 he was the head writer and co-executive producer of the Mars documentary / drama series for the National Geographic channel." 6:30-8 p.m. Details Here.
3. Van's RV-14 - Tues, Nov 3, 2020 7 - 8:30 p.m. CST - Presenter: Greg Hughes - Greg Hughes of Van's Aircraft will discuss their latest design, the RV-14. Register Here
5. "Avoiding Holiday Travel Hazards" - Identifying and mitigating factors that can increase the risks of holiday travel in general aviation airplanes.
On Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 20:00 Eastern Standard Time (17:00 PST, 18:00 MST, 19:00 CST, 15:00 HST, 16:00 AKST, 18:00 Arizona, 01:00 GMT)-Late fall and early winter find us planning travel to celebrate various holidays with family and friends. These joyous occasions are sometimes marred by the tragedy of a serious accident. - This webinar will examine some of the factors that can increase the risks of holiday travel in general aviation airplanes. Strategies to help mitigate those risks will be presented. Several recent accidents will be analyzed and discussed. - The webinar is sponsored by Avemco Insurance and will be presented by Gene Benson, FAASTeam Lead Representative - To view further details and registration information for this webinar, click here.
7. AIAA E-Town Hall Meeting - ONLINE EVENT - Perlan Project Glider Soars into History with Jim Payne, CHIEF PILOT | BOARD MEMBER - The Perlan Project - Test Pilot / Instructor, United States Air Force Academy - Retired - Consultant with NASA - Manager, Northrop's Global Hawk Program - Test Pilot, Northrop's Firebird Program - Test Pilot of the Year - Kincheloe Award, SETP. - 2019 Guinness Book of Records Aviation Page - Inspiration and Patriotism Award, Living Legends of Aviation (2018) - "SURFING IN THE SKY - Glider pilots have surfed on mountain waves since 1932. The process is like surfing on a wave in the ocean, except the glider is in the wave rather than on the surface of the wave. Einar Enevoldson, a NASA Test Pilot, saw evidence that in regions closer to the Poles, in winter, the waves could extend above the troposphere and well into the stratosphere. Previously, no one had searched for waves in the stratosphere in sub-polar regions in winter. From 1992 until 1998 he gathered more evidence that these waves existed, and might be strong enough to lift a sailplane to remarkable altitudes. In 1998 Dr. Elizabeth Austin joined Einar in the search for an understanding of stratospheric mountain waves." 10 a.m. Learn More Here
12. Weather to Go or Not - AOPA WEBINAR - Nothing changes more than the weather, and that includes the tools you need to be using to know if you should launch, or continue once you’re in the air. We welcome flight instructor and Director of AOPA Flying Clubs Steve Bateman who will help us learn how to use the latest technologies to keep us weather safe. 12 - 1 p.m. EST - Space is limited – register today.
14. 43rd Anniversary of the Voyagers 1 & 2 - ONLINE EVENT - Voyager 1 & 2: Humanity's Most Distant Explorers with Special Notes on Uranus and Neptune by Todd Barber, AIAA Distinguished Lecturer, Senior Propulsion Engineer, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory" "The Voyager mission to the outer planets and interstellar space will be discussed in detail. Topics to be discussed include the incredible opportunity for a "grand tour" of the outer planets only encountered every 176 years and some true "postcards from the edge" at Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. The interstellar mission and current status will also be highlighted as well, particularly the challenges of flying two geriatric spacecraft with a tiny flight team. Finally, the future of the mission and the Voyager Golden Record will be featured in some detail as well. Some special notes on the often-ignored Uranus and Neptune will also be provided." 10 a.m. Info Here.
16.-22, The second National Drone Safety Awareness Week will be in November 16-22, 2020 and will be completely virtual. We invite everyone to participate! Read about it Here.
1. RANS S-21 Outbound, All Metal, All Purpose - WEBINAR - Tues, Dec 1, 2020 7 - 8:30 p.m. CST - Presenter: Randy Schlitter - Randy Schlitter will discuss the S-21 Outbound kit, the latest offering from RANS Aircraft. - Register Here.
2.-3. NBAA GO Virtual Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (VBACE) - EVENT - "NBAA GO VBACE will be the first-ever, completely immersive online business aviation trade show. The two-day event is free for members to attend, and will incorporate many of the traditional elements of NBAA’s successful live events, including over 200 virtual 3D exhibit booths, two keynotes, press conferences, product demonstrations, education sessions and more." For More Info.
4.-5. "Sun ‘N Fun To Host Holiday Flying Festival" - EVENT - From AVweb - Sun ‘n Fun has announced that it will be hosting a holiday flying festival and car show at Florida’s Lakeland Linder International Airport (KLAL) on Dec. 4-5, 2020. Event activities will include an aircraft display, air- and car shows, food vendors, live music, a short takeoff and landing (STOL) competition and AOPA-sponsored general aviation Town Hall. According to organizers, the festival will take place exclusively outdoors. Read the article Here.
The National STOL Competition uses a fixed line that competitors must land beyond, and their distance is recorded when their tires stop. For takeoffs, pilots start on the line and take off in the shortest distance. In both cases, the distance is measured from the start line. - The event will be streamed live online by Live Airshow TV.
10. Wright Brothers Memorial Banquet Goes Virtual - EAA ONLINE EVENT - The Wright Brothers Memorial Banquet, held annually by the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), will be moving to an online-only format due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The live-streamed event, which celebrates the Dec. 17 anniversary of the Wright brothers’ first successful powered flight, is scheduled to take place on Dec. 10, 2020, at 7 p.m. central time. The banquet’s special guest this year will be Apollo 13 commander James Lovell. Read the Details Here.
10. Seven Ways an Instrument Rating Will Make You a Better Pilot - AOPA WEBINAR - So you know your local flying area as well as your backyard and can recite the menu for every airport restaurant within a hundred miles. Now what? It’s time to get an instrument rating! Expand your world, learn new skills, and make new friends as we make an unabashed pitch for you to take this next great step in your life as a pilot. 12 -1 p.m. EST - Space is limited – register today.
12. Space Settlement: an Easier Way by Al Globus - Contract software engineer, NASA Ames Research Center - Retired - AIAA Space Colonization Technical Committee NSS Board of Directors - 10 a.m. - Exploring Solar System / Mars through Low-Latency Telepresence (LLT) by Daniel R. Adamo Independent Aerodynamics Consultant, NASA JSC - Retired - AIAA Distinguished Lecturer AIAA Associate Fellow 11:40 a.m. Al Globus worked at NASA Ames for 39 years as a contract software engineer on space settlement, asteroid mining, Hubble, space stations, X37, shuttle, Earth observation, TDRSS, cubesats, lunar teleoperation, spaceflight effects on bone, molecular nanotechnology, scientific visualization, and space solar power publishing dozens of papers on these and other topics. - Mr. Dan Adamo is an astrodynamics consultant focused on space mission trajectory design, operations, and architecture. He works with clients primarily at NASA and in academia. Until retirement in 2008, Mr. Adamo was employed by United Space Alliance as a trajectory expert, serving as a “front room” flight controller for 60 Space Shuttle missions. Along with console duties during simulations and missions, this job entailed development of trajectory designs, software tools, flight rules, console procedures, and operations concepts. More Info Here.
7. Wait! Are We in Balance? - AOPA WEBINAR - No matter what aircraft you fly, at some point you’re going to wish it would hold more stuff. Learn how to safely balance your desire to carry more against the capability of the aircraft as we explore this weighty topic. 12 - 1 p.m. EST Space is limited – register today.
8.-10. 2021 NBAA Leadership Conference - Palm Springs, CA Expand your leadership skills at the 2021 Leadership Conference, held Feb. 8-10 in Palm Springs, CA. Offering two days of captivating sessions and numerous networking opportunities, you are sure to be inspired and ready to succeed. More Info Here
23.-26. 2021 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference - Ft. Worth, TX - Whether you plan to stay up-to-date on the latest operational information critical to your job function or discover a new vendor or supplier in the growing exhibit hall, you’ll want to make plans to attend. More Info Here.
22.-25. HAI Commits To Heli-Expo 2021 Show in New Orleans - an IN-PERSON EVENT is Planned. You can read the details published by AIN Here.
22.-25. 2021 NBAA International Operators Conference - Austin, TX - From regional reviews to customs updates, the 2021 International Operators Conference is the best opportunity to stay up to date on the critical information you need to do your job as safely and securely as possible. More Info Here.
13.-15. 2021 NBAA Asian Business Aviation Conference - Shanghai, China - ABACE is an excellent venue for investors considering aviation as a business opportunity, companies thinking of using an aircraft for business, and flight departments who have long used aircraft as a business tool. More Info Here.
4.-6. 2021 NBAA Maintenance Conference - Portland, OR - The 2021 Maintenance Conference will provide vital education and networking opportunities for anyone involved in business aircraft maintenance – from technicians to directors of maintenance. Stay up-to-date on the latest operational information critical to your job function and connect with over 900 fellow peers. More Info Here.
18.-20. 2021 NBAA European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2021) - Geneva, Switzerland - Business leaders, government officials, manufacturers, flight department personnel and others involved in every aspect of business aviation will meet to conduct business and make buying decisions at EBACE2021. More Info Here.
4.-6. FlightSimExpo 2021 to be held in San Diego - EXPO - "FlightSimExpo 2021 will take place June 4-6, 2021, at the Town and Country Resort in San Diego. - The expo will feature product announcements, how-to seminars, educational discussions, and a large exhibit hall to try out the latest in simulation software and hardware, according to organizers. - And, for the first time, the event will also feature an online component that will include exclusive access seminars and a virtual exhibit hall." Interested? More Info & Registration Here.
9. 2021 NBAA White Plains Regional Forum - White Plains, N.Y. - NBAA's 2021 White Plains Regional Forum will bring current and prospective business aircraft owners, operators, manufacturers, customers and other industry personnel together for a one-day event. More Info Here.
26- Aug. 1 EAA AIRVENTURE - Tickets on sale NOW. - For more INFO, Tap or Click HERE.
10.-11. 2021 NBAA Tax. Regulatory & Risk Management Conference - Las Vegas, NV - The 2021 Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conference is the premier conference for attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors, CFOs and flight operations professionals looking for tax planning strategies from industry leaders. Learn More Here.
12.-14. 2021 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) - Las Vegas, NV - Ranked as one of the largest trade shows in the United States, the 2021 NBAA-BACE will bring together over 23,000 current and prospective aircraft owners, manufacturers and customers into one place where they’ll get critical work accomplished, be inspired during engaging keynote sessions and advance their careers through dozens of education sessions. Learn More Here.
18.-21. 2022 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference - San Diego, CA - If you're interested in elevating your career to the next level, look no further than SDC2022. You'll learn current best practices and trends from industry experts and fellow attendees through top-level education sessions and critical peer-to-peer networking to help you work smarter, not harder in the year ahead. Learn More Here.
3.-5. 2022 NBAA Attendants/Flight Technicians Conference - San Antonio, TX - The NBAA Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians Conference brings together business aviation cabin crew members for three days of interactive learning and numerous opportunities to connect with industry professionals. From education sessions to networking opportunities like the evening off-site reception, this event will provide you with intimate moments to connect with your fellow peers. Learn More Here.
3.-5. 2022 NBAA Maintenance Conference - San Antonio, TX - The NBAA Maintenance Conference provides vital education and networking opportunities for anyone involved in business aircraft maintenance – from technicians to directors of maintenance. Stay up-to-date on the latest operational information critical to your job function and connect with over 900 fellow peers. Learn More Here.
25.-31 EAA AIRVENTURE - For More Information - Here
24.-27. 2023 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference - Nashville, TN - Whether you plan to stay up-to-date on the latest operational information critical to your job function or discover a new vendor or supplier in the growing exhibit hall, you’ll want to make plans to attend, Learn More Here.
24-30 EAA AIRVENTURE - For More Information - Here
11.-14. 2025 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference - Portland, Oregon - If you're interested in elevating your career to the next level, look no further than SDC2025. You'll learn current best practices and trends from industry experts and fellow attendees through top-level education sessions and critical peer-to-peer networking to help you work smarter, not harder in the year ahead. Learn More Here.