Spotlighting Safety and Pilot Proficiency
Visit FAASAFETY.GOV for complete info & to register for many of the following events. Others have the information and contact data described. You are invited to submit your event for publication to: email@example.com
5. Aviation Batteries with Walter Heine – June EAA Chapter 92 Mtg. Irvine Ranch Water District HQ, 15500 Sand Cyn Ave., Irvine, CA 92618 Info: Jim Randall (714) 538-4990 7 p.m.
6. The Airman Testing Branch will be hosting a webinar to discuss changes to the Private Pilot – Airplane, Instrument Rating – Airplane, and Commercial Pilot – Airplane Airman Certification Standards on June 6, 2018, at 1430 (central time). To register for this webinar please use this link.
6. Transition Training at KCNO – with Dr. Paul Foster – Threshold Technologies, 8352 Kimball Ave. F350 Hangar #3, Chino, CA 91708 Info: Dr. Foster (951) 276-6701 ext. 220 6 p.m.
7. How to Better Utilize your Valuable Engine Monitor and Interpret Data – with Joe Godfrey, Savvy Aviation at Solar Turbines, Kearney Mesa Facility, 4200 Ruffin Rd., Titan Conference Room, San Diego, CA 92123. Registration on FAASAFETY.GOV a must, and bring a Government issued ID! Info: Paul at (619) 560-8980 7 p.m.
7. All about Fuel at KPOC – Brackett Airport manager Pete Loncteaux will discuss how KPOC provides clean, safe fuel. KPOC Terminal Building, McKinley Ave. La Verne, CA 91750 7 p.m.
9. Controlled Flight into Terrain w/ Stellos Papis, CEO Chrysler Aviation KVNY – Active Pilot 7900 Balboa Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91406 9 a.m.
9. A Tribute to Tom Hastings – Sponsored by the Local EAA – Tom passed away recently in a Aqua Dolce area Cirrus VK-30 accident – Will be in the area of Active Pilot, 7900 Balboa Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91406 about 10 a.m.
10. Controlling Startle Response to In-Flight Catastrophe w/ Ron Berinstein – Vista Aviation 10000 Airpark Way, Pacoima, CA 91331 10 a.m.
11. Vspeeds – Ace Your Landings, Learn What You Don’t Know About Them! A brand new seminar from Ron Berinstein – Van Nuys Flyaway. 7610 Woodley Ave., 2nd Floor Conference Room Van Nuys, CA 91406 Free Parking in the 30 min spaces. 7 p.m.
12. SCAUWG Monthly Meeting – Beach Cities Aviation KHHR, 3732 W. 120th Street, Hawthorne. CA 90250 10 a.m.
12. IMC Club Mtg KHHR – Mastering the Art of Instrument Navigation – Beach Cities Aviation, 3732 120th Street, Hawthorne, CA 90250 Info: Eric Slalov at (310) 756-5672 7 p.m. Sponsored by EAA Chapter 11 and FAAST. For website info: www.11.eaachapter.org/
13. IMC Club Mtg KMYF – Mastering the Art of Instrument Navigation – Serra Mesa/Kearny Mesa Public Library, 9005 Aero Drive, San Diego, CA 92123. Will be reviewing an AOPA ASI Video of a night CFIT accident. Info: Paul Kortopates (619) 560-8980
14. Plus One Flyers Club CFI Safety Mtg. with Speaker Shane Terpstra. Courtyard by Marriott, 8651 Spectrum Center Blvd., San Diego, CA 92123. Info: Robert Agresto (619) 925-4100 5:30 p.m.
14. Chino Chapter, SoCal Pilots Association -Reorganization Meeting – Yanks Air Museum, 7000 Merrill Ave, #35-A270,
Chino, CA 91710 Open to all those interested in reestablishing the chapter, and helping to make ops at KCNO better & safer. 7 p.m.
16. Checking Out in Taildraggers w/ Senior aviator Jeff Kertes – Active Pilot 7900 Balboa Blvd. D6 Van Nuys, CA 91406 9 a.m.
16. Personal Minimums with speaker Garry Wing, host of “FlyTheWing.” Sponsored by EAA Chapter 14, Brown Field Airport, 1409 Continental Street, San Diego, CA 92154. Info: Kerry Powell (760) 613-4389 10 a.m.
19. SoCal Pilot Outreach w/ Rob Reddig – AFI, 4119 Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833 modest fee, 6:30 p.m.
20. Radio Miscommunication w/ Frank Bagheri – Van Nuys Flyaway, 7610 Woodley Ave., 2nd Floor Conference Room Van Nuys, CA 91406 Free Parking in the spaces marked 30 min. 7 p.m.
21. Basic Med Can Put You Back In The Pilot’s Seat & Keep You There Longer – w/Jim Shamp – Si Senor Restaurant & Grill, 2210 Airport Drive. Bakersfield, CA 93308 6 p.m.
23. Basic Helicopter Aerodynamics w/ George Marciniw, Manager Operations, Pacific Rotoways, KVNY – Active Pilot, 7900 Balboa Blvd. D6, Van Nuys, CA 91406 9 a.m.
24. Sunday Morning Hangar Talk w/ Ron Berinstein cfii at Vista Aviation KWHP, 10000 Airpark Way, Pacoima, CA 91331 News, Safety, Accident analysis, Donuts, Good Times, and the special topic will be Weather: June Gloom, Inversions & Santa Ana Winds 10 a.m.
25. Beyond Approach Part 1 – w/ Ron Berinstein cfii at the Van Nuys Flyaway, 7610 Woodley Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406 – Discover what the Approach Charts (Plates) really can tell Us! – Intended for the GA pilot looking for an IFR Refresher, and/or the Smart GA Pilot who is seeking to expand their knowledge base and seek an IFR rating. Second floor conference room. Plenty of free parking for the seminar in the spaces marked “30 minutes,” in front of the Flyaway building. 7 p.m.
27. Flying to Catalina the BEST WAY! w/ Richard Mend at Santa Monica College, Bundy (airport) campus, 3171 Bundy Ave., Santa Monica 90066 First Floor room 123. Pre-seminar Videos begin at 6:30 p.m. – You are invited! Plenty of free parking, but at the college, they require you to park “head in” to the parking spaces… 7 p.m.
3. Landing Practice – For When the Engine Goes Silent – Sponsored by EAA Chapter 92 – Irvine Ranch Water District HQ, 15500 Sand Canyon Ave.. Community Conference Room, Irvine CA 92618 7 p.m.
10. SCAUWG Monthly Meeting – Beach Cities Aviation KHHR, 3732 W. 120th Street, Hawthorne. CA 90250 10 a.m.
10. IMC Club Meeting- Mastering the Art of Navigation – Moderated Open Forum – Beach Cities Aviation, 3732 W. 120tyh Street, Hawthorne, CA 90250 7 p.m.
28. Dangerous Winds w/ Ron Berinstein – Apple Valley Terminal Bldg., Tentative date 10 a.m.