Aviation Events Calendar
Spotlighting Safety and Pilot Proficiency
A very nice Aviation Event Calendar!
You may visit FAASAFETY.GOV for more info & to register for many of the following events that feature FAA WINGS credit. Others listings have their information and contact data described. This calendar will usually list a much larger panorama of aviation events than FAASAFETY.GOV allows for. You are invited to submit your event for publication within our Aviation Events Calendar to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now also featured herein are EAA Webinars. These live multimedia presentations are informative and interactive, allowing the presenter to use slides and audio, while audience members can ask questions and be polled for their opinion. - System Requirements for Attendees - You can easily attend a session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device! To get the most out of GoToWebinar, you can download and install the full-feature desktop software on your Windows and Mac computer. - See Download GoToWebinar for your download options. You can also check your system's compatibility automatically. Some EAA Webinars qualify for credit in the FAA's WINGS or AMT awards program. Visit www.faasafety.gov for details. The Listings Here for EAA Webinars are dedicated to the memory of Tom Hastings, long time EAA member/builder, whose Cirrus VK-30 was featured in the movie 16R. He was an ardent supporter of EAA Young Eagles. A tragic flight accident claimed his life; as well as his daughter's, her husband and their child's.
HAPPY NEW YEAR from SCAUWG.ORG!
20. Holding Patterns and DME Arcs Learning Them - Unlock your Potential as an IFR Flyer! Learn Holding Patterns and DME Arcs! - With Ron Berinstein - CFII-Aerobatic & FAA Wings Master Pilot Recipient - Learn HOLDING Patterns and DME Arcs Fast and EASY! - This Two Part Seminar is intended for those thinking about an IFR Rating, and for the Smart GA Pilot that would like a Refresher. It is NOT really intended for the professional IFR pilot that regularly flies Part 135, etc. - Vista Aviation Bldg. - north side of airport, 10000 Airpark Way, Second Floor Conference Room, Pacoima, CA 91331 7 p.m.
21. Basic Aerodynamic Principles Demonstrated in Aerobatics - WEBINAR - Tues, Jan 21, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM CST - Presenter: Dagmar Kress - Ever dream about flying in 3D? Want to learn more about the fundamentals of aerobatics? IAC member and aerobatic pilot Dagmar Kress will talk about the basic aerodynamic principles that are involved in flying aerobatics. Qualifies for FAA WINGS. Register Here
21. The Possible Turn - Analyzing the engine failure after takeoff decision - With Brian Schiff - Until recently, conventional training and wisdom dictated that pilots should always land straight ahead when confronted by an engine failure that occurs shortly after takeoff in a Single Engine Airplane.
This controversial topic has been hotly debated since the early days of aviation to the point where turning around to land on the departure runway has been called “the impossible turn.” It can be argued convincingly, however, that there are instances when it would be safer to return to the airport than to land straight ahead following such an engine failure.
The FAA now states matter-of-factly in Advisory Circular 61-83J that “flight instructors should demonstrate and teach trainees when and how to make a safe 180-degree turnback to the field after an engine failure.” - Captain Brian Schiff will discuss the principles involved in returning to the airport safely. It will be based to a large extent on his father, Barry Schiff’s, decades of study and research involving this subject.
Go to Captain Schiff's web site for more information, including a sample work sheet https://www.captainschiff.com/seminars - Aviation Facilities, Inc, 4119 West Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833 6:30 p.m. FEE (tentative as of 12/24 posting date, please confirm - Webmaster)
22. Carburetor Ice - The Inside Story - Carburetor Heat vs. Ice - The Cold Hard Facts! - With Ron Berinstein - CFII & Aerobatic & FAA Wings Master Pilot - Tonight: What SUPERIOR THINKING will do to protect ourselves from needing to land off-field without power. Hopefully, everyone will discover something that will improve their own pilot skills and knowledge bank. We will explore the different types of carburetor icing circumstances; what you can do to on top of your game. Santa Monica College Airport Campus
3171 S. BUNDY DRIVE, ROOM #123, Santa Monica, CA 90405 7 p.m.
22. EAA Proficiency365™ - Stay Active and Current Year-Round - WEBINAR - Wed, Jan 22, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM CST - Presenter: Radek Wyrzykowski, EAA Manager of Flight Proficiency - Improve your flying, proficiency, and safety with EAA Proficiency365, an exclusive member benefit that can help you stay active year-round using flight simulators to advance your flying proficiency, improve your safety, and keep your pilot certificate current without a need for a biennial flight review. Learn how to use the EAA SkillScore™ Tracker to measure your progress. Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. Register Here
22. FAASTeam Planning Meeting - Administered by the SAN Aviation Safety Counselors - Planning and Safety Mitigation Strategy Meeting - Speaker: Paul Kortopates - President of the San Diego ASC - FAASTeam Safety Seminar Planning meeting. Discussions of topics to be presented at future venues based on statistical data and safety trends. This meeting is open to interested airmen who support the Wings Program and FAASTeam efforts. This is an opportunity for individuals to check out the planning process. This is also a good place to learn the steps needed to apply as a FAASTeam Representative. MYF - Terminal Operations Building - 3753 John J. Montgomery Drive - Ground Floor under the Restaurant, San Diego, CA 92123 7 p.m.
22. Have Your ADS-B Operational Questions Answered by NBAA, FAA During Jan. 22 Webinar - Join us for a live webinar at 3 p.m. (EST) Wednesday when officials from NBAA and the FAA will examine what the full implementation of the ADS-B requirements means for business aviation, including issues related to privacy and security. Members are encouraged to submit questions to be addressed on the webinar or any other ADS-B-related questions to email@example.com. “NBAA works hard to ensure security and privacy are not surrendered simply by flying on an aircraft,” said Heidi Williams, NBAA’s director of air traffic services and infrastructure. Register for the webinar HERE
25. Catastrophic Control System Failures - Controlling FLIGHT CONTROL FAILURES Successfully - Speaker: Richard Mend CFI-AIM-ATP - WHAT do we do when the flight controls we need don't work? Rudder Failure, Aileron Failure, Elevator Failure. Video and Discussion about the pilot skills you might need to survive. Airport Center Building, 7100 Hayvenhurst Ave., Lower Level Conference Room, Van Nuys, CA 91406 9 a.m.
25. SNC's Propulsion Division History by Mike Carkin - Propulsion Engineer, Propulsion Division - Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) an AIAA Event. - Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library, Community Meeting Room, 5870 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90805 10 a.m. Info Here
28. Advanced Preflight - A Clear Path to Safety - 1 Hour HAI Rotor Safety Challenge Session - Speaker(s): William Hopper- This course, “Advanced Preflight – A Clear Path to Safety” examines the necessity of performing an advanced aircraft preflight particularly after maintenance was performed whether it be a unscheduled maintenance or an inspection. This course also reviews elements of a preflight and a sample advanced preflight checklist. Anaheim Convention Center, 800 W Katella Ave., Anaheim, CA 92802 8 a.m. check for pre-registration requirements.
29. "LONG BEACH PROPS" QUARTERLY MEETING - DESIGNED FOR PILOTS AND USERS OF THE LONG BEACH AIRPORT - FBO ROSS AVIATION 3250 AIRFLITE WAY, Cherry Avenue takes you to Wardlow Road east. Drive to AirFlite Way and turn right. Follow the street to the large, main parking lot. ROSS AVIATION - 3250 AIRFLITE WAY - LONG BEACH AIRPORT - 562-490-6200 - 6:00 P.M. HANGAR TALK & FOOD FOR THE FIRST 30 TO ARRIVE! - 7:00 P.M. AIRPORT OPERATIONS & TOWER TALK - 8:00 P.M. -----FAAST SAFETY TEAM PROGRAM------------DISTRACTIONS & INTERRUPTIONS------RAFFLE TICKETS FOR SALE FOR DOOR PRIZES.
29. NBAA Regional Forum - West Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) - “At NBAA’s regional forums, you can experience the excitement and energy of the business aviation industry in a single day, right in your part of the country,” said NBAA v-p of events Dina Green. “We transform a local airport into a showcase for all the latest technology and trends shaping airborne mobility.” More Info Here
29. Compression Testing Aircraft Engines and Maximizing Cylinder Life - WEBINAR - Wed, Jan 29, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM CST - Presenter: Bill Ross - Bill Ross from Superior Air Parts will explore many of the myths and legends surrounding the aircraft engine compression test and explain exactly what the numbers mean. He will discuss compression testing techniques, borescope usage, and airworthiness determinations. You’ll learn it’s okay to question your maintenance provider findings. Qualifies for FAA WINGS and AMT credit. Register Here
29. Arriving Safely At Un-Controlled Airports - Learning Best Practices When Arriving At Un-Controlled Airports - With Ryan Davis - This will be a story about working towards being the safest pilot, but even when doing everything right, sometimes life takes an unexpected turn. Come take an educational journey and see how one goes through a very unique flight training experience, achieves goals never thought could be accomplished, gets very close to death from an aircraft accident, and how recovery turns into a flying Phoenix. - Long Beach Flying Club, 2631 E Spring St. Long Beach, Long Beach, CA 90806 6:30 p.m. Tentative when listed... please confirm.
30. In the Line of Duty: Michael Adams and the X-15 w/ Michelle Evans, Author, Bestseller "The X-15 Rocket Plane, Flying the First Wings into Space" - Founder and President, Mach 25 Media (www.Mach25Media.com) - AIAA Distinguished Lecturer, Writer, Photographer, and Communications Specialist in aerospace. - AIAA LA-LV 1/30 Dinner Meeting - (You do not need to be a member of AIAA to attend the event. Volunteers are needed for all AIAA activities) RSVP & info HERE
30. Tips for Mitigation of Inflight Distractions and Interruptions - Uh, What just happened? - Speaker: Tom Hamm - The General Aviation Joint Steering Committee has determined that Aeronautical Decision Making deficiencies have led to significant numbers of General Aviation accidents. - In this presentation we’ll discuss one aspect of ADM: dealing with distractions; a hazard that we need to manage whenever we’re walking, driving a vehicle, or flying a plane. We’ll cite some statistics on distracted driving and discuss how distraction led to the loss of an airliner. We’ll also talk about interruptions – a type of distraction that can be a significant hazard when it occurs in a critical operational phase. As usual, we’ll offer some suggestions and best practices for dealing with distractions and interruptions. - Riverside Municipal Airport, 6951 Flight Road, Terminal Lobby, Riverside, CA 92504 6:30 p.m.
1. Plus One Flyers Club New Member Safety Briefing - Safety Procedures, Both Ground and Air - Shane Terpstra CFI - Proper preflight procedures, engine starting, taxing, ATC communications, departure and arrival procedures, emergency procedures, collision avoidance, aeronautical decision making, after landing procedure, securing and refueling. A general review of causes of common accidents and incidents. - MYF - Terminal Operations Building, 3750 John J. Montgomery Drive, First Floor, East Entrance, San Diego, CA 92123 9:30 a.m.
1. Walkaround Pre-Flight Inspection with Richard Mend cfi-aim-atp. Discussion of what to check and how. Airport Center Building - 7100 Hayvenhurst Ave., Lower Level conference room, Van Nuys, CA 91406 9 a.m.
1. MACA and Military Airspace (SUA) briefing- This briefing will discuss the military aviation mission in the area. Speaker(s): Terry Hansen - This 2 hour briefing will discuss the military aviation mission in the area, the different types of special use airspace and the safest way to fly in the vicinity of military training. It will define what a CFA is and why the Marine Corps has established one west of R-2501. It will also cover the proposed establishment of new SUA’s west of R-2501. Apple Valley Airport, 21600 Corwin RD. Main bldg., Apple Valley, CA 92307 - Conference room in main terminal - 8 a.m.
2. Airworthy A Look at What We all Need to Know but Might Not - with Ron Berinstein cfii - Identifying Airworthiness, and everything a Pilot is responsible for! - We'll explore several airworthiness aspects that aren't often revealed. A unique opportunity to learn the answers to the questions we all might have, and many really important ones we didn't even know we had, regarding our responsibilities as a pilot. Seminar length 2 hrs. Vista Aviation Bldg. - north side of airport, 10000 Airpark Way, 2ND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM, Pacoima, CA 91331 10 a.m.
3. High Performance Singles - Flying High Performance Single Engine Land Aircraft - with Richard Mend CFI-AIM-ATP - Video and Discussion of the concerns of operating engines over 200 hp, cowl flap operation, precautions, and more! Seminar Length: 2 hours - NORTH VALLEY OCCUPATIONAL CENTER, 16550 Saticoy St., Class Room B, Van Nuys, CA 91406 7 p.m.
4. DE MYTH A FLYING - I THOUGHT I KNEW THAT with Ron Berinstein CFII - Dispelling myths about many GA flight aspects from Spins to Cross Country Flying - For our February EAA Chapter 92 meeting, join us for: Rethinking the answers. So many of us really know what we were taught, but is that still right today? We learned from the folks we knew. But, truth be told, there is a lot of bad stuff out there that was legitimately professed. As the times have changed, so have our ideas about what is correct, and what is not.
This presentation is a wonderful, entertaining collection of myths that most pilots know to be true, and would willingly swear by; but aren't! Many GA flight aspects are covered... Aero-Medical, Aerodynamic, Best Glide Facts, Angle of Attack, Flight Controls, Aircraft Instruments, EGT use, Flight Controls, and more... Lot's of audience participation! Irvine Ranch Water District HQ - 15500 Sand Canyon Ave., Community Conference Room, Irvine, CA 92618 7 p.m.
4.- 5. Aero-Engines America - Miami, FL - Developing innovative Engine Strategies and business models for a constantly evolving industry - More info Here
4.- 6. Routes Americas 2020 - Indianapolis, IN - Airline event - More info Here
5. Safety Tips / Tricks and Rules of Thumb with Barry Schiff - Pilots of all levels can use Barry's safety tips to become better and safer pilots. Speaker: Barry Schiff - Aviation legend Barry Schiff will share the wisdom he has gained in his 28,000 plus hours in 351 types of aircraft. Pilots of all levels can use his safety tips to become better and safer pilots. There is a FEE for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. Department of Airports at KCMA - 555 Airport Way - Camarillo, CA 93010 7 P.M.
8. Operating at KVNY - Discussion of airport procedures - with Richard Mend cfi - aim - atp. Airport Center Building - 7100 Hayvenhurst Ave., Lower Level conference room, Van Nuys, CA 91406 9 a.m.
8. Preparing for a Private Pilot Practical Test w/ DPE Ken Wittekiend and Master CFI Michael Phillips - Tips on preparing for the private oral exam and check ride. - Speaker(s): DPE Ken Wittekiend, Master CFI Michael Phillips - A DPE and flight instructors will provide practical tips on preparing for the Private Pilot oral exam and check ride. There is a fee for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. .Department of Airports at KCMA, 555 Airport Way, Camarillo, CA 93010 9:30 a.m.
8. Preparing for the Instrument Practical Test with DPE Ken Wittekiend and Master CFI Michael Phillips - Tips on preparing for the instrument oral exam and check ride. Speaker(s): DPE Ken Wittekiend, Master CFI Michael Phillips - A DPE and Master CFI will provide practical tips on preparing for the IFR oral exam and check ride. There is a fee for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. .Department of Airports at KCMA, 555 Airport Way, Camarillo, CA 93010 1:30 a.m.
9. Multi-Engine Airplane - with Richard Mend - Video and discussion of multi-engine characteristics, techniques, counter rotating engines, Vmc and More. Vista Aviation Bldg. - north side of airport, 10000 Airpark Way, Second Floor Conference Room, Pacoima, CA 91331 10 a.m.
10. Returning to the Left Seat - with Ron Berinstein cfii - Discussing your training options and objectives. Vista Aviation Bldg. - north side of airport, 10000 Airpark Way, Second Floor Conference Room, Pacoima, CA 91331 10 a.m.
12. ForeFlight and iPad Basics with Judy Phelps - ForeFlight and iPad basics for beginners or those trying to decide whether to use an iPad in the cockpit. with Judy Phelps cfii - This class is for beginners and those who are new to ForeFlight or those trying to decide whether to use an iPad in the cockpit. This class can also be a good refresher but keep in mind, it will be covering the basics. - There is a fee for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. Department of Airports at KCMA, 555 Airport Way, Camarillo, CA 93010 7 p.m.
12. Mastering the Art of Instrument Navigation - Organized “Hangar Flying” Focused On Building Proficiency In Instrument Flying - Speaker(s): Terry Thompson EAA/IMC Prgm Coord, Paul Kortopates CFI/II & FAASTeam Rep - Believing that safety and proficiency are developed through education and experience. Monthly meetings use real world scenarios to engage our members and allow them to share and build their experience. - For the February meeting, we will discuss an AOPA ASI video involving IFR flight. - You do not need to be a member or instrument rated to attend. - Serra Mesa/Kearny Mesa Public Library - 9005 Aero Dr, San Diego, CA 92123 6:30 p.m.
12. Removing Winter Rust and Spin Avoidance - Join three-time master CFI-A Gordon Penner as he talks about techniques and strategies for scraping off winter rust and working toward becoming a safe and proficient pilot. There will also be dose of spin avoidance added to the discussion. See details and link to registration here on the IAC website →
13. Plus One Flyers Club CFI Safety Meeting - Safety Procedures and training information shared among club CFI's - With Shane Terpstra , Plus One Safety Officer - Topics include review of club safety procedures to include taxing, ATC Communications, arrival and departure procedures, collision avoidance, aeronautical decision making, post flight, securing and refueling, review of causes of common accidents and incidents. Courtyard By The Marriott
8651 Spectrum Center Blvd - San Diego, CA 92124 5:30 p.m.
15. Plus One Flyers Club New Member Safety Briefing - Safety Procedures, Both Ground and Air - Shane Terpstra CFI - Proper preflight procedures, engine starting, taxing, ATC communications, departure and arrival procedures, emergency procedures, collision avoidance, aeronautical decision making, after landing procedure, securing and refueling. A general review of causes of common accidents and incidents. - MYF - Terminal Operations Building, 3750 John J. Montgomery Drive, First Floor, East Entrance, San Diego, CA 92123 9:30 a.m.
15. SoCal TRACON Wants to Talk to You - ATC / Pilot Outreach with Rob Reddeg from the SoCal Tracon - Speaker(s): Rob Reddeg of SoCal TRACON - Renting an airplane: $500 - Burning fuel for a short trip: $100 - Getting the service you want from ATC: Priceless! EAA Chapter 14, Brown Field Airport
1409 Continental St., San Diego, CA 92154 10 a.m.
19. Reflections of a Test Pilot with Tom Morgenfeld - Tom will discuss how many elements of flight test training can make us all better GA pilots. With Tom Morgenfeld - Throughout his presentation, Tom will discuss how many elements of flight test training can make us all better GA pilots. - There is a fee for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. .Department of Airports at KCMA, 555 Airport Way, Camarillo, CA 93010 7 p.m.
22, Electric and Hybrid Aircraft mini-Conference - Saturday, February 22, 2020 - Dr. Marty K. Bradley - AIAA Fellow - Technical Fellow for The Boeing Company - Boeing Commercial Airplanes Advanced Concepts Group - Dr. Susan X. Ying - AIAA Fellow Royal Aeronautical Society Fellow SVP Global Partnerships, Ampaire Joseph Oldham President – New Vision Aviation Sustainable Aviation Project – Flight Training with Pipistrel Alpha Electro Trainers - The Proud Bird (The Mission Room, 1st Floor) 11022 Aviation Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90045 - More HERE
22. Annual Pilot Refresher with Michael Church - A day-long refresher course for all pilots that satisfies the ground instruction portion of a Flight Review Michael Church - An all day refresher course for all pilots. This presentation can be used to satisfy the ground instruction portion of a Flight Review and attendees will receive log book stickers attesting to completion of ground portion of a Flight Review. - There is a fee for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. Department of Airports at KCMA, 555 Airport Way, Camarillo, CA 93010 9:30 a,m.
24. Aerospace professionals Networking Event - AIAA Headquarters Executives - Spotlighting Engineers Week Celebration - The Proud Bird (Mission Room, 1st Floor)
11022 Aviation Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. Contact Events/Program Chair, LA American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Los Angeles - Las Vegas Section
(949)426-8175 - firstname.lastname@example.org
24-26. NBAA's 2020 Leadership Conference - Orlando, FL - Expand your leadership skills at the 2020 Leadership Conference, held Feb. 24-26 in Orlando. Offering two days of captivating sessions and numerous networking opportunities, you are sure to be inspired and ready to succeed. More Info Here
26. Flying VFR Through and Around LAX and SAN Class Bravo Airspace with Michael Phillips - A class for pilots and student pilots flying VFR in and around Class B airspace in Southern California. - With Michael Phillips - This is a class for pilots and student pilots flying VFR in Southern California who are interested in flying comfortably and safely in and around Class B airspace. There is a fee for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. Department of Airports at KCMA, 555 Airport Way, Camarillo, CA 93010 7:00 p.m.
26-27. NBAA's 2020 Emerging Leaders Conference - Feb. 26-27, 2020 | Orlando, FL - The Emerging Leaders Conference (ELC) is designed to inspire and educate the current workforce and future leaders in business aviation. More Info Here
29. ForeFlight VFR with Mike Jesch and Brian Schiff - A hands-on ForeFlight class for VFR pilots. - Speaker(s): Mike Jesch, Brian Schiff - Get a ForeFlight checkout from professionals and learn how to use ForeFlight expertly as the tool it was intended to be. - There is a fee for this class. Preregister at least 24 hours in advance at http://www.vc99sclasses.com. - Department of Airports at KCMA, 555 Airport Way, Camarillo, CA 93010 9:30 a.m.
3. BENEFITS OF HOME-BASED SIMULATORS with Gary Schank - Speaker(s): Gary Schank - For our March EAA Chapter 92 meeting, join us for a fun and informative look at using home-based simulators. See how you can inexpensively remain current, learn procedures, practice for new licenses, IPC’s and Flight Reviews, and streamline checkouts in new airplanes. Explore the various options available for any budget and find out what the FAA considers acceptable for currency purposes. - Irvine Ranch Water District HQ - 15500 Sand Canyon Ave. Community Conference Room - Irvine, CA 92618 7 p.m.
5. NBAA Regional Forum - San Jose International Airport (SJC) - “At NBAA’s regional forums, you can experience the excitement and energy of the business aviation industry in a single day, right in your part of the country,” said NBAA v-p of events Dina Green. “We transform a local airport into a showcase for all the latest technology and trends shaping airborne mobility.” More Info Here
7. 3rd Annual LA LV University Student Branches Mini-Conference - Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Building S-Cafeteria (S-Cafe) - Simon Ramo Drive (One Space Park)
Redondo Beach, CA 90278 - Saturday, March 7, 2020, 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM - Presentation starts at 10:00 AM. - (Seats/Tickets are limited. RSVP will end after Thursday, March 5, 2020, or whenever all seats are filled.) - Dress Code Business Casual - Contact: email@example.com or (949)426-8175 (phone/text ok) (AIAA LA-LV Events/Program Chair)
10.-13. NBAA 2020 Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference (SDC2020) - If you’re interested in elevating your career to the next level, look no further than SDC2020. You’ll learn current best practices and trends from industry experts and fellow attendees through top-level education sessions and critical peer-to-peer networking to help you work smarter, not harder in the year ahead. - Whether this is your first time joining us or you’re a seasoned SDC attendee, you’ll want to connect with this vibrant industry at SDC2020. More Info Here.
16-19. NBAA's International Operators Conference (IOC), Charlotte, North Carolina. More Info Here
18. AIAA Event - Advocate for Aerospace on Capitol Hill! 2020 - Every year, AIAA members – engineers, scientists, researchers, students, educators, and technology executives – travel to Washington, DC, for a day of advocacy and awareness with national decision makers.
Your participation, enthusiasm, and passion remind our lawmakers that aerospace is a key component of an economically strong and secure nation. If you are interested in the future of your profession, the advancement of technology, the furthering of scientific research, and the strengthening of our nation’s security, this event is for you!
Limited travel funding is available for AIAA members
Please contact Section Chair of AIAA LA LV: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Plus One Flyers Club New Member Safety Briefing - Safety Procedures, Both Ground and Air - Speaker(s): Shane Terpstra CFI - Proper preflight procedures, engine starting, taxing, ATC communications, departure and arrival procedures, emergency procedures, collision avoidance, aeronautical decision making, after landing procedure, securing and refueling. A general review of causes of common accidents and incidents. MYF - Terminal Operations Building - 3750 John J. Montgomery Drive, First Floor, East Entrance, San Diego, CA 92123 9:30 a.m.
22-24 NBAA's 2020 Business Aircraft Finance, Registration & Legal Conference - Amelia Island, FL - Get Information for the 2020 Business Aircraft Finance, Registration & Legal Conference including hotels, conference agenda and registration. More Info Here
7. Long Nights Journey Into Day - Night Flying Techniques - With Jay Mason - For our April EAA Chapter 92 meeting, join us for a refresher on something that many of us don't do that often - fly at night. - Flying is different at night. From planning, through preparation, physiology, procedures, risk identification and mitigation, to completing your logbook afterward, things are very different when the sun goes down. Yet, many of the same issues in play also have a role in daytime flying, and exploring them a bit can help make your flying safer and less stressful, even in the bright light of day. Join Jay Mason, ATP and CFI, as he sheds some daylight on night flying techniques, and how they can illuminate your pilot skill set. - Irvine Ranch Water District HQ
15500 Sand Canyon Ave - Community Conference Room - Irvine, CA 92618 7 p.m.
18. 3rd AIAA LA LV New Space Mini-Conference - Technologies to live on other planets - food, air, water, energy, transportation and communication - Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, S-Café, Simon Ramo Drive (One Space Park), Redondo Beach, CA 90278 - 10AM-12PM: Morning Sessions - 12PM- 1PM: Lunch Time Aerospace Career Workshop - 1PM- 4PM: Afternoon Sessions - Contact Events / Program Chair, LA American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Los Angeles - Las Vegas Section- 949-426-8175 email@example.com - Register Here
5. VMC CLUB - VFR FLIGHT SCENARIOS DISCUSSION with Jay Mason - With Jay Mason - For our May EAA Chapter 92 meeting, join us for a relatively new meeting program format: the VMC Club. The idea is to present several VFR flight scenarios to the group for discussion, under the guidance of a flight instructor. The scenarios are presented as a short video, and are designed to confront the VFR pilot with making difficult decisions on how / whether to initiate or continue the flight, and how to resolve difficult situations.- There are no right or wrong answers, but the group gets to define and evaluate the risks and sort out the best way to proceed. - Irvine Ranch Water District HQ - 15500 Sand Canyon Ave - Community Conference Room - Irvine, CA 92618 7 p.m.
20-21. NBAA's 2020 Security Conference - White Plains, NY - Join us at NBAA’s 2020 Security Conference, where you can raise the level of best practices for business aviation security through scenario-based problem solving and provide real-life content from experienced operators and security experts. More Info Here
10. NBAA Regional Forum - Westchester County Airport (HPN) White Plains, N.Y. - “At NBAA’s regional forums, you can experience the excitement and energy of the business aviation industry in a single day, right in your part of the country,” said NBAA v-p of events Dina Green. “We transform a local airport into a showcase for all the latest technology and trends shaping airborne mobility.” More Info Here