Aviation Events Calendar
Spotlighting Safety and Pilot Proficiency
A very nice Aviation Event Calendar!
You may visit FAASAFETY.GOV for more info & to register for many of the following events that feature FAA WINGS credit. Others listings have their information and contact data described. This calendar will usually list a much larger panorama of aviation events than FAASAFETY.GOV allows for. You are invited to submit your event for publication within our Aviation Events Calendar to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now also featured herein are EAA Webinars. These live multimedia presentations are informative and interactive, allowing the presenter to use slides and audio, while audience members can ask questions and be polled for their opinion. - System Requirements for Attendees - You can easily attend a session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device! To get the most out of GoToWebinar, you can download and install the full-feature desktop software on your Windows and Mac computer. - See Download GoToWebinar for your download options. You can also check your system's compatibility automatically. Some EAA Webinars qualify for credit in the FAA's WINGS or AMT awards program. Visit www.faasafety.gov for details. The Listings Here for EAA Webinars are dedicated to the memory of Tom Hastings, long time EAA member/builder, whose Cirrus VK-30 was featured in the movie 16R. He was an ardent supporter of EAA Young Eagles. A tragic flight accident claimed his life; as well as his daughter's, her husband and their child's.
Due to the health circumstances that currently exist, it might be a good idea to confirm that the events you have planned to attend are still ongoing. Events scheduled for SoCal Pilots have been postponed, as has the entire schedule for the Camarillo 99's. EBACE has been cancelled, and all NBAA event through July 1 have been cancelled. Sun 'N Fun has been postponed and rescheduled for May 5-10. BAA POC Pilot meeting scheduled for 4/02 has been cancelled. At this time, the Mend Aviation seminars have been cancelled as well.
3/18/20 Just announced: It has been recommended that no face-to-face FAASTeam event be held until further notice. Webinars have been suggested.
24. Garmin Aviation Webinars - Avionics for Experimental Aircraft - WEBINAR - Check out our options for your homebuilt aircraft, including the G3X Touch™ and G5 flight displays, GMA™ 245 audio panels, GTN™ Xi navigators and more. 7 p.m. CT More Info Here
25. Medical Certification Q&A - WEBINAR - Presenter: Tom Charpentier, Dr. Stephen Leonard - EAA government relations director Tom Charpentier and Aeromedical Advisory Council chair Dr. Stephen Leonard will discuss common certification problems, navigating the special issuance process, and BasicMed. After the presentation, remaining time will be spent with a Q&A session answering your questions. Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
26. COVID-19: What hope for aviation and aerospace? - WEBINAR - In a matter of weeks, the airline industry worldwide has been brought to its knees by the coronavirus, with carriers slashing schedules, thousands of aircraft grounded, staff furloughed, and airports empty of passengers. The knock-on effect on the aerospace industry has been equally cataclysmic, with Boeing – already rocked by the Max grounding – pushed to the brink of bankruptcy. Where does a devastated industry go from here?
- How bad is this crisis and how much worse is it likely to get?
- What are the best survival strategies for airlines and aerospace manufacturers?
- What sort of industry will emerge from the other side?
Chaired by FlightGlobal’s Head of Strategic Content, Murdo Morrison, the expert panel will include industry veteran Chris Tarry, Principal of CTAIRA and Richard Aboulafia, Vice President, Analysis, Teal Group in a lively discussion followed by questions from the audience. 11 a.m. More Info Here
27. Best Practices for Cleaning and Disinfecting Business Aircraft in a COVID-19 Environment - WEBINAR - NBAA recently produced An Aircraft Disinfection and Cleaning Procedures Guide with best-practices for sanitizing business aircraft. The topic has particularly been in focus given the spread of COVID-19. On this webinar, participants can ask questions about best-practices to the guide’s primary author, Tyler Harper with AEM Group International Logistics, as well as Audrey Lambdin, Director of Client Relations for Jet Logistics, which has been directly involved in COVID-19 related sanitation. Also participating will be Brian Koester, NBAA Operations Director, to discuss broad recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other authorities. Moderator: Jo Damato, NBAA Vice President, Educational Strategy & Workforce Development - 11 a.m. More Info Here
28. Present and Future of Aerospace during the time of Coronavirus (COVID-19) - WEBINAR - AIAA LA-LV March 28 online e-Town Hall Meeting - Knowledge is Power - We are excited to offer you a new, unique online e-Town Hall Meeting! At this event you will learn the current status of aerospace from professionals. Throughout this online event our experts will be here to address and answer all of your questions. More Info Here
31. - 4/5 POSTPONED UNTIL MAY 5-10 Sun n Fun Aerospace EXPO experience flight in 20/20 - Lakeland, Fl Click here for Info
1. The Southern San Fernando Valley Airplane Noise Task Force (Task Force) – a group formed to collaboratively address community concerns regarding aircraft noise resulting from planes departing from Van Nuys Airport (VNY) and Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR). The Task Force’s objective is to hear community and industry experts’ proposals and provide the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with recommendations on aircraft departure operations. - The official bylaws document and agenda items from their recent meeting can be found on the BUR airport website or on VNY website. The Task Force’s final meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 1, 2020, at 6:30 p.m. at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport.
1. Cylinder Work: Risky Business - WEBINAR - Presenter: Mike Busch - Aircraft engines feature bolt-on cylinders, and cylinder replacement is routinely performed by mechanics. But the incidence of catastrophic engine failure following cylinder work is disturbing. In this webinar, Mike Busch A&P/IA describes the multiple perils of cylinder replacement and what can be done to mitigate the risk. Qualifies for FAA WINGS and AMT credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. Register Here
1-2. CAPA airline Leader Summit - Making Money 2020 - CAPA’s Global Airline Outlook for the 2020s predicted that at some stage during the first half of the decade there will also be an economic downturn, possibly very substantial. On historical trends it is already well overdue and there is little to predict just how great the scope will be. With such a downturn seemingly inevitable, how will airlines continue to be profitable? The answer may lie in technology. Dublin, Ireland
5-10 SUN N FUN - Aerospace EXPO experience flight in 20/20 - Lakeland, Fl Click here for Info
7. Long Nights Journey Into Day - Night Flying Techniques - With Jay Mason - For our April EAA Chapter 92 meeting, join us for a refresher on something that many of us don't do that often - fly at night. - Flying is different at night. From planning, through preparation, physiology, procedures, risk identification and mitigation, to completing your logbook afterward, things are very different when the sun goes down. Yet, many of the same issues in play also have a role in daytime flying, and exploring them a b
it can help make your flying safer and less stressful, even in the bright light of day. Join Jay Mason, ATP and CFI, as he sheds some daylight on night flying techniques, and how they can illuminate your pilot skill set. - Irvine Ranch Water District HQ
15500 Sand Canyon Ave - Community Conference Room - Irvine, CA 92618 7 p.m.
8. You Just Got Your Pilot Certificate - Now What? - WEBINAR - Presenter: Jim Bourke and Marianne Fox - A webinar for the newly minted pleasure pilot. You’ve done all the work to get your pilot rating. Great job! But what comes next? Jim Bourke will provide ideas, help you set goals, and challenge you to grow as an aviator. Avoid getting into a rut and practicing the same skills over and over. Expand your horizons and learn to trust yourself as a pilot by understanding the risks and rewards of flying! Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
9. Garmin Aviation Webinars - Cost Effective Avionics Upgrades - WEBINAR - Learn about update options for your aircraft — including the GPS 175/GNC 355/GNX™ 375 navigators, G3X Touch for certificated aircraft, GFC™ 500 autopilots and more. 10 a.m. CT More Info Here
14. Garmin Aviation Webinars - Garmin Services and Databases - WEBINAR - Learn how cost-effective Garmin database offerings, apps and web-based logistics solutions can simplify everything from pre-departure clearances to international flight handling and more. 4 p.m. CT More Info Here
15. Healthy Pilot Technology - WEBINAR - Presenter: PhilLightstone - Pilot demographics sees too many aging pilots, with the impact to our bodies that time takes. Pilots learned in flight school the impact that flight has to our health and how our health can impact flight. Few pilots have experienced the impacts of hypoxia, with the inevitable negative out come. There are many medical grade devices which can be used at home and in the air to help with recognizing the impacts to our bodies. Learn about a variety of affordable technologies that could one day help save your life. You’ll hear from aviation journalist Phil Lightstone, who will provide the facts about the technologies, cutting through the jargon and three letter acronyms to help you make an informed decision. Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
16-18. Borrego Springs, California — The Hammerhead Roundup! - If you haven't been to Borrego before, you'll love it. It's home to the world's finest aerobatic box — permanently built to CIVA standards, designed to host the World Championships, and right next to a massive runway. - The Hammerhead Roundup includes all five power categories, all four glider categories, and the 4-Minute Unlimited Free. We expect a great turnout across every category, and we'd love to have you join us! Register HERE
There is a $100 discount for first-time Primary competitors and a $25 discount for registering early at the link above. - If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or text me at 704-578-7665. I look forward to seeing you in Borrego! - Bryan Jones, Contest Director - IAC Chapter 36
18. DOUBTFUL THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD - CHECKING STATUS - Glendale College Safety Stand-Down - A wonderful full day of Aviation Safety presentations - Aviation school tour & talk - and complimentary breakfast and lunch buffet. More info as it unfolds - but, plan for this... in the past these stand-downs have been sold-out and well worth the visit! Glendale College, 1500 North Verdugo Road, Glendale, CA 91208 - follow the signs for free parking -- 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
18. 3rd AIAA LA LV New Space Mini-Conference - Technologies to live on other planets - food, air, water, energy, transportation and communication - Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, S-Café, Simon Ramo Drive (One Space Park), Redondo Beach, CA 90278 - 10AM-12PM: Morning Sessions - 12PM- 1PM: Lunch Time Aerospace Career Workshop - 1PM- 4PM: Afternoon Sessions - Contact Events / Program Chair, LA American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics, Los Angeles - Las Vegas Section- 949-426-8175 email@example.com - Register Here
21. Coaches and Camps for Aerobatic Competition - WEBINAR - Presenter: Johnny Ostmeyer - IAC member Johnny Ostmeyer discusses how aerobatic coaches and camps can help your contest flying. He will share tips about how to find aerobatic coaches and camps, and also what to expect from them. Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
22. Garmin Aviation Webinars - Garmin Pilot 101: Create and File a Flight Plan - WEBINAR - Get familiar with the fundamentals of an effective preflight with the Garmin Pilot app — including the latest on new route data packages that help ensure you’ve downloaded all the data required for your flight plan. 4 p.m. CT More Info Here
22. Five Weather Planning Tips to Get Ready for Summertime Flying - WEBINAR - Presenter: Scott Dennstaedt, Founder AvWxWorkshops - As airframe icing advisories morph into advisories for thunderstorms, it's time to brush off the wintertime rust and focus on the threat of deep, moist convection. In this webinar you will learn five tips on how to better prepare yourself when convection threatens your proposed route of flight. We'll cover long, and short-range flight planning for convection as well as tips on how to minimize your exposure to dangerous convective turbulence. Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit.. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
27-29 Route Europe 2020 - Routes Europe provides organizations with an efficient platform to discuss new business opportunities with the region's leading airlines, airports and tourism authorities. - What does a more sustainable aviation industry look like? - While the demand for air travel continues to rise, calls to curb flying for environmental reasons are also growing. In recent years we have all heard of “flygskam” – the Swedish word which translates as “flight shame”. The anti-flying movement encourages people to stop taking flights to lower carbon emissions. Bergen, Norway - More Info Here.
Although the aviation industry contributes only a small percentage to the worldwide total, the movement has brought the industry’s environmental impact into sharp focus. So how are airlines and airports tackling the issue? Join us at Routes Europe to find out more and discuss the issue with industry leaders.
28. Garmin Aviation Webinars - Garmin Avionics Upgrades - WEBINARS - Give your perfect airplane the perfect panel with TXi series touchscreen flight displays, GTN™ Xi series navigators, GMA series audio panels, GTX™ series ADS-B transponders, autopilots and more. 7 p.m. CT More Info Here
29. Float Flying: Freedom to Explore - WEBINAR - Presenter: Amy Gesch - Amy Gesch from Wipaire, Inc. will present on what it takes to get a seaplane rating, how it can benefit you, and what you can do with it. Learn about different types of seaplanes and seaplane flying, plus tips on what to look for in buying your first seaplane. Come on in; the water’s fine! Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. Register Here
5. VMC CLUB - VFR FLIGHT SCENARIOS DISCUSSION with Jay Mason - With Jay Mason - For our May EAA Chapter 92 meeting, join us for a relatively new meeting program format: the VMC Club. The idea is to present several VFR flight scenarios to the group for discussion, under the guidance of a flight instructor. The scenarios are presented as a short video, and are designed to confront the VFR pilot with making difficult decisions on how / whether to initiate or continue the flight, and how to resolve difficult situations.- There are no right or wrong answers, but the group gets to define and evaluate the risks and sort out the best way to proceed. - Irvine Ranch Water District HQ - 15500 Sand Canyon Ave - Community Conference Room - Irvine, CA 92618 7 p.m.
5. Garmin Aviation Webinars - Retrofit Autopilot Solutions - WEBINAR - Get the scoop on our GFC™ 500 and GFC 600 retrofit autopilots and the advanced capabilities they provide — including the Garmin ESP™ feature, coupled approaches and more. 10 a.m. CT More Info Here
6. Is It Legal to Install? - WEBINAR - Presenter: Mike Busch - What if you want to install something in your certified aircraft (e.g., an automotive seat heater), but the thing you want to install isn't STC’d, PMA'd, TSO'd, or otherwise FAA-approved? Is it legal to do that? Do you need a field approval? In this webinar, Mike Busch, A&P/IA, explains exactly when it's okay to install nonapproved equipment in a certified aircraft and when it isn't. Qualifies for FAA WINGS and AMT credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
13. Operation at Towered Airports - WEBINAR - Presenter: Prof. H. Paul Shuch - It’s not uncommon for aviators to achieve a pilot certificate without ever having operated in any kind of tower-controlled airspace. Even for those who have flown in them before, a towered environment can be rather intimidating. This FAA WINGS webinar will help you to relax and enjoy the interaction with Air Traffic Control. Remember, ATC is there to help! Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
19. Understanding Hypoxia in Aviation - WEBINAR - Presenter: Steve Martin - Hypoxia in aviation is widely recognized as a potential threat, but poorly understood and under-respected by most aviators as a contributor to other accidents. Aerospace physiologist Steve Martin will discuss the facts and fallacies regarding the different types of hypoxia, recognition, causal and influencing factors, and mitigation techniques necessary to avoid this pervasive issue. Qualifies for FAA WINGS credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
20-21. NBAA's 2020 Security Conference - White Plains, NY - Join us at NBAA’s 2020 Security Conference, where you can raise the level of best practices for business aviation security through scenario-based problem solving and provide real-life content from experienced operators and security experts. More Info Here
23. Open House - 75th Anniversary - Cable Airport - Aircraft Static display - discounted fuel prices - Car Show - Food - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
27. Amature-Built Condition Inspection - WEBINAR - Presenter: Vic Syracuse - Vic Syracuse will help educate builders and non-builders on the nuances of performing a condition inspection on an amateur-built airplane. Vic has completed hundreds of condition inspections and will be showing many of his findings, including where to look for maintenance wear items. Vic is owner/operator of Base Leg Aviation, a DAR, has built 11 airplanes, is a member of the EAA Homebuilt Aircraft Council, and additionally writes Checkpoints, a column in EAA’s own Sport Aviation Magazine. Qualifies for FAA Wings and AMT credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
2. ATW Airline Awards - Vienna - On June 2nd, join ATW at the Annual Airline Industry Achievement Award Ceremony as we recognize and commend those who demonstrate excellence through expertise and authenticity. Read More Here
3. Predictive Maintenance - WEBINAR - Presenter: Mike Busch - Manufacturers of aircraft, engines, propellers, and appliances have traditionally called for performing preventive maintenance on a fixed timetable. A prime example is engine and propeller TBOs. More recently, this time-based approach has given way to condition-based preventive maintenance based on regular repetitive inspections. Now we're beginning to see this inspection-driven approach giving way to predictive maintenance based on analysis of data from sensors installed on the aircraft and engine. In this webinar, Mike Busch A&P/IA discusses this latest trend and how it’s starting to trickle down to owner-flown piston GA. Qualifies for FAA WINGS and AMT credit. 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT Register Here
10. NBAA Regional Forum - Westchester County Airport (HPN) White Plains, N.Y. - “At NBAA’s regional forums, you can experience the excitement and energy of the business aviation industry in a single day, right in your part of the country,” said NBAA v-p of events Dina Green. “We transform a local airport into a showcase for all the latest technology and trends shaping airborne mobility.” More Info Here
16-18. WASHINGTON – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) will co-host the 5th Annual FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Symposium on June 16-18, 2020, at the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD. more info here.
20-26 EAA’s Dick Knapinski says that AirVenture “is going on as planned. Oshkosh 2020 is said to have a number of improvements from last year. These include “easier access and departure from the AirVenture grounds; reducing areas of vehicle/pedestrian conflict within the grounds; and improved shuttle service from public lots to the main gate,” according to EAA. More info about AirVenture Here