The Southern California Airspace Users Working Group is dedicated toward making LA Airspace the safest possible.
SELECTED Destinations Where New Visitors are CLEARED DIRECT:
CHART AWARE FLIGHT PLANNING
ALL SITE USERS - READ BEFORE ENTERING!
SCAUWG is a committee of professionals from all segments of the Southern California aviation industry determined to effectively interact with each other to resolve airspace related problems and improve aviation safety, utility, and efficiency in the region. SCAUWG was an entity formed under the aegis of the Southern California Association of Governments. The organization’s Charter specifies the following objectives …
- To maintain a forum that allows all facets of the aviation industry to provide input to the FAA in the areas of aviation safety, airspace design and utilization.
- To educate and inform the public, local and national elected officials, and media with respect to aviation safety and airspace utilization.
- The development of airspace design to more efficiently accommodate increases in air traffic capacity at the region’s airports.
- To improve access for VFR traffic into and out of the region’s airports in addition to VFR transition routes.
- To simplify airspace design and charting for the VFR user.
- To provide for the flexibility of helicopters and new technologies while enhancing compatible use of airspace.
- To develop recommendations to the FAA for improvements in aviation safety.
- To monitor ongoing FAA efforts with relationship to airspace design and activity.
- To commit itself to cooperative action, including opposing views, and take the necessary steps to make a significant difference in the air transportation system.
To see a copy of the original charter agreement, CLICK HERE
SCAUWG.ORG is an independently owned and privately maintained website on a volunteer basis and was initiated at the request of the SCAUWG Co-Founder and now Co-Chairman Pat Carey and designed with the mission in mind to both support and publicize the work of the Southern California Airspace Users Working Group. SCAUWG.ORG is dedicated to fulfilling the group's goals as specified in the SCAUWG charter. Additionally, as an independent site, SCAUWG.ORG expands the horizon of aviation interests, that due to the possible limitations of tradition and mores, SCAUWG, the group, maintains.
Those that choose to ENTER the SCAUWG.ORG site are always advised to consult their own aviation professionals for advice regarding any content on the SCAUWG.ORG site. Opinions expressed by the authors of articles linked to by the site, may or may not represent those of SCAUWG, or any of the SCAUWG membership base, or the SCAUWG.ORG leadership. SCAUWG.ORG does NOT take a political position concerning current or past events; but is committed to making pertinent Aviation and Safety Concerns that can affect our community well known, and that includes publishing pertinent commentary. Those with opposing viewpoints to any article SCAUWG.ORG publishes, or links to, are invited to send their input to the webmaster using the site's CONTACT US page for possible publication.
I INVITE EVERYONE to EXPLORE our SITE!
SCAUWG.ORG IS TRULY PACKED with LOTS and LOTS of GREAT INFO!
Start by looking at the TASKBAR TOPIC DROP DOWN Menus
or perhaps choose one of the selected "Quick Links" as shown above.