The Southern California Airspace Users Working Group is dedicated toward making LA Airspace the safest possible. ALL SITE USERS - READ BEFORE ENTERING!
SCAUWG is a committee of professionals from all segments of the Southern California aviation industry determined to effectively interact with each other to resolve airspace related problems and improve aviation safety, utility, and efficiency in the region. SCAUWG was an entity formed under the aegis of the Southern California Association of Governments. The organization’s Charter specifies the following objectives …
- To maintain a forum that allows all facets of the aviation industry to provide input to the FAA in the areas of aviation safety, airspace design and utilization.
- To educate and inform the public, local and national elected officials, and media with respect to aviation safety and airspace utilization.
- The development of airspace design to more efficiently accommodate increases in air traffic capacity at the region’s airports.
- To improve access for VFR traffic into and out of the region’s airports in addition to VFR transition routes.
- To simplify airspace design and charting for the VFR user.
- To provide for the flexibility of helicopters and new technologies while enhancing compatible use of airspace.
- To develop recommendations to the FAA for improvements in aviation safety.
- To monitor ongoing FAA efforts with relationship to airspace design and activity.
- To commit itself to cooperative action, including opposing views, and take the necessary steps to make a significant difference in the air transportation system.
To see a copy of the original charter agreement CLICK HERE
SCAUWG.ORG is an independently owned and privately maintained website on a volunteer basis was intiated at the request of the SCAUWG Co-Founder and Chairman Emeritus Pat Carey, and designed with the mission in mind to both support and publicize the work of the Southern California Airspace Users Working Group. SCAUWG.ORG is dedicated to fulfilling the group's goals as specified in the SCAUWG charter.
Those that choose to ENTER the SCAUWG site are always advised to consult their own aviation professionals for advice regarding any content on the SCAUWG site. Opinions expressed by the authors of articles linked to by the site, may or may not represent those of SCAUWG, or any of the SCAUWG membership base. SCAUWG.ORG does NOT take a political position concerning current or past events; but is committed to making pertinent Aviation Safety Concerns that can affect our community well known. Those with opposing viewpoints to any article SCAUWG.ORG links to, are invited to send their input to the webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org for possible publication.